Sunday, November 24, 2013

Vintiques the little shop on main!

Wow the little shop is doing so well! I love spending time there. And selling! Because the building is a hundred year old rescue building that we are slowly rehabbing there is the issue of the lack of a central heating system . So because of this I will not be open in Jan/Feb/March ! 
And I've sold nearly all of the large pieces, this will give me time to create and collect! Not that I don't have tons of pieces just haven't had time to paint at all. But we have been creating! My love is creating with organic material here on the farm, I've made snowman ornaments from old snow fence. And shelves from old fencing, items from horse shoes, and recently candle holders from old cedar fence post. Along with Christmas stockings from old grain sacks. Wreaths from grape vines, corn leaves, sun flowers ,  dried corn ect.... It seems this old farm has an abundance of material if only I look around . Well yes it does help that I don't throw anything away! And neither did the folks that lived her before me for the last 70 or so years! Slowly I am recycling most of our abundance and I am so grateful others seem to appriciate  the creativity ! So I leave you with some of the latest creations in the shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you please leave a comment if you like.