Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mom mom and the hydrangea

Many many years ago I don't know maybe 8 or 9 years ago I was visiting a friend and her mother. Her name was Katherine but her grandson called her mom mom. Now this isn't just any friend, no it's my best friend of 20 + years. Well while I was there I noticed a plant mom mom had thrown out. It was probably Mother's Day or an Easter gift you know the kind that comes with beautiful blooms and that ever popular foil wrap and a ribbon. Well it came home with me I didn't know a thing about this particular plant but I popped it in the ground right beside my front porch. And forgot about it. Between over zealous weed wacking, front porch restoration, hardiboard house siding and this year a large rocking chair blew off the porch and landed on it! But last year there were blooms! And this year the color is so pretty! Mom mom sadly has left us. Now when I see these beautiful blooms I think about mom mom and how she would say " it's just this life then the next" and somehow both make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you please leave a comment if you like.