Tuesday, May 16, 2017

So friends here it is early may a beautiful morning on the farm. I am trying so hard in my morning moments to learn how to add photos to the blog. I miss my blogger app. It worked to well. The shop is going well. Saturday was one of our best days yet. It was a whole town yard sale and we had a main st. Market on our tiny main st. Complete with food truck! How bout those apples!! Haha. In other  news the airbnb here on the farm is up and running. You can check it out for yourself on airbnb. Hannah's creek farm guest cottage. We have had 4 guest with 2 different weekends. I love it! Trying to keep a little cash flow and helping the farm pay for itself is. Huge.

Yesterday was an exaughsting day. I had to barrow a truck to go pick up the rest of my "picked " items from a friend who is emptying a house for a friend. Then bring it here... power wash items going to the secret garden. Dig out some old metal roofing going to the garden on the pergola for shade... it's sooo hot! Power wash them load them load an old water tank and a few other items. Drive to shop unload then get the truck back. Oh how I wish I had a partner most days to help with the craziness. But realizing goals with the airbnb has really given me some fuel to move forward. Finishing something that has taken me over 20 years is so awesome.

Looking forward to a getaway soon to Michigan for a friends celebration of life. Bittersweet for sure I miss him so very much and think of him daily. The celebration is to be held at a lake he lived at for many years. I've been many times. But never without him...

So we are doing a succulent bar for the opening of the secret garden and I must get busy...joining my mom and daughter for a quick lunch today then taking my mom to pick out her Mother's Day gift from a local Amish market that has beautiful hanging flower baskets!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you please leave a comment if you like.