Tuesday, December 29, 2015

This Christmas gift to myself..... 20 years ago

A long time ago when I was a very young woman we lived in Germany. Actually west Germany that was before the wall came down and unification. It was a magical time. My husband was in the army. We traveled when we could to lots of towns one was was waechtersbach west Germany we went to the ceramic company in that town. Very famous beautiful pottery/ceramics. Especially Christmas ware. I believe they did new patterns every year but the same trade mark colors ect. I loved the simple pattern but we lived very modestly. And could not even afford a mug. 

Fast forward many many years. Ok 30 years. And as I was doing my Christmas shopping I stopped into a vintage shop and yes, there they were. My beautiful Christmas dishes. We'll sort of. Several mugs and cups and saucers. And a few desert plates. And a few with my special pattern. Of 30 years ago. I turned them over to be sure and yes some said w Germany I was skipping inside. Because this time I could afford them! Also I found a nice set of vintage Christmas drinking glasses. Paired with a few white ironstone plates from my shop and I was able to set a Christmas brunch table as well as a small dinner for friends and Christmas dinner with our grown up kids. I wish I had taken some table picture s several were candle light. So see we are never to old to enjoy a Christmas gift. Truly I couldn't think of a thing I wanted or needed for Christmas. It was a total surprise. Finding the dishes. It was even a little more fun for myself setting the table at different meals, I had prepared for family and friends. Making new memories from older ones. Never to late to take care of your younger self either! I hope all of you reading this have a beautiful new year! Enjoy the pictures of the farm too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you please leave a comment if you like.