Monday, September 23, 2013

Kindred spirits

Several months ago while I was at the shop. In the early spring I believe it was ,  a very nice gentleman stoped in and we struck up the nicest conversation. 
Seems we had more then a bit in common especially our fondness for the east coast. (Maine) and I had shared with him my secret at the time. Our plans to perhaps purchase the little cottage. 
He enlightend me on the Maine author Louise Dickinson Rich who wrote We Took To The Woods. Instantly I needed to read it lucky for me during a conversation with my best friend Kim about the conversation with my new friend . She told me that she had a copy. I read it! I loved it and ordered another one of her works. Several times this summer my new friend has been in to visit. And last Saturday he came in bearing a small gift.
I opened it. I could barley contain my excitement. There in my hands was my own copy of the Peninsula by the same author. She had written about the very area where our tiny little cottage is! I am enjoying taking my time and am reading it now. What an education I feel I have recieved .And how is it you thank a friend for such a fine gift, and kindered spirit.

Also last weekend while at the shop waiting for Kim to come in and have a visit with me. A woman drove up in the cutest little Mini Cooper. I could tell she was wearing braids ! Ah Kim had gotten a sporty new car and didn't tell me! 

Nope wasn't her! It was me! Well have you ever met yourself? She was taller no doubt. However our lives turned out to be very similar. She also lives in an old farm house. Loves all things that I do, and they just put geothermal in their home too. 
I can not tell you the joy a few of my new "friends " have brought to me! I love having the tiny little shop. And getting to meet new people. An unexpected gift for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you please leave a comment if you like.